Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New New New

New goal:
To run half of a half marathon in October.
Chance of success: Minimal.

New plan:
Moving to Pomona in Sept.
Chance of joy: (jennifer + disneyland) - socal fashion expectations.

New Phone:
Proud owner of a Samsung Evergreen
Chance of mastering it: Slim to none.

Things are a-changin'.

In a momentary lapse of sanity, I thought it would be fun to sign up for the Nike Women's Marathon and train to do the half. HA.
Envisioned: Get up early every day and run a mile or so to get started, while looking very cute in running outfit. Be productive and healthy for rest of day.
Actual: Went out at 11:15am in ill-fitting mickey mouse tshirt, and did about 65% walking, 30% jogging, 5% laying in grass at park. Napped after and was almost late to work.

Then I decided it would be fun to move to Pomona. I hope I am more on the ball for that decision, with no delusional "running for fun DOES exist!"type judgments still floating about. I get to live with lovely people in a lovely house, so what's the worst that could happen? Other than me wearing overalls and getting evicted in the ensuing mutiny.

The brightest side is that my new phone is made from 70% post-consumer materials, and the packaging is 80% recycled papers! Plus it's all printed with soy ink (omitting the petroleum that normal ink has). HOWEVER, it very nearly has me in a panic attack because of my inability to text quickly on it. The front buttons work like my old phone, but a QWERTY keyboard slides out sideways. The front buttons have a weird feel to them and the predictive text cannot keep up with me, but the QWERTY board is too wide for my baby hands. Plus, it has a zillion little quirks that my old phone did not have, and many of the buttons are different. So I'm having a mild technological breakdown; I feel like I've had a stroke and can no longer figure out how to achieve my daily activities. It is a cool phone, though.



My friend at work said she has to drive in to Davis with her husband early tomorrow, but doesn't have to be at work herself until 12:30, and did I want to do something in the morning? I very stupidly mentioned that I'm trying to get in shape for the half marathon (she is an extremely competent runner), and she got super excited. So I am going on a run tomorrow with someone who could probably finish a full marathon at the drop of a hat. I hope I can still look her in the eye after I have an asthma attack and keel over after 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. tell me about your run!!!
    and yayayayayyy for pomonaaaa!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete